Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bummed about Soup

With the kids and me being sick this week, not much cooking is being done right now! I feel lucky to have gotten the crock pot cleaned and put up... Some chicken & rice soup would hit the spot about now, and I had some frozen in a mason jar. I got it out of the freezer to discover that the glass had cracked. Apparently not all jars are designed to be able to both can and freeze. This was news to me. I had always figured glass was glass. Now I know better and will freeze in something else. 

These past few weeks of being sick way more than usual confirmed the idea I had been knocking around the old brain that I need to have more meals I can take from the freezer and put directly in to cook. I have been doing great at prepping my meats that are served alongside other foods, but now I'm sure I need to get some casseroles and crockpot meals packaged up and ready to just dump & cook.

What other smart planning have I missed?

No comments:

Post a Comment