Thursday, October 18, 2012

Allergic to Paper Clutter

I may begin to sound like a crazy person for this post, but papers lying around drives me mad!!

Technology makes keeping my sanity much easier...like the camera on my phone. I will often snap a pic of a flyer from the kids' school if it includes info that I may need later. Like the upcoming dance. It's on my phone calendar, but I likely won't have that paper as I'm dropping them off trying to remember how much cash they need...but I will have that picture to reference easily!

I also grab a quick pic of items that I'd like a copy of, like a form I have to send in the mail. Even if I will never print it, being able to reference it or save it on my computer is very helpful. You never know if something won't arrive at its intended destination and you'll need to do it again. I go through those pics sometimes, like at ball practice, and delete the obsolete ones.

And then there are those few papers that can't be digitally captured and tossed, but need to be dealt with "when I get time". Ha! I stick those in a folder I take with me anytime I may have to wait. Like the dr office or when I'm picking up kiddos from afterschool activities. Even if I only have 5 min, I still get things done. I keep a pen, highlighter, extra paper and stamps in that folder so I'm ready for anything. Those are also the small moments I use to make my grocery list for my once-a-month trip.

Do papers drive you crazy too?

No comments:

Post a Comment