Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Deep amidst the thick

The stars must be aligned just right.  I generally enjoy light comedy in a movie, but I have recently been moved by three movies.

Eat Pray Love--not at all what I had imagined.  I carried away a sense of my needing to be me, even when I don't like me.

Beyond Borders--A movie I had never heard of starring Angelina Jolie.  I grasped the concept that we are all tortured in our own ways.

Autumn in New York--Richard Gere and Winona Ryder find love against all odds.  This reminds me that there is a reason we love who we love, and that a greater hand leads us along every step of the way.

I am so thankful for every one God has placed beside me in this journey of mine.  He has shown me love when I don't deserve it, loyalty when I don't return it, and blessings in the ordinary.

2 comments:

  1. Did Eat Pray Love make you want to drop everything and travel?!
    I loved it :) Perhaps we should make some plans....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope--no travel plans. But it did make me step back and consider where my priorities need to change.

    ReplyDelete