Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dinner = Done

 I have a somewhat (alright, really) hot-and-cold personality.  I get on a healthfood kick for a couple months, then it's all hot dogs and cake...or it could be scrapbooking, yard work, etc.  

So, a while back I came up with the idea to cook when I was in the mood and prepare ahead for when I wasn't. It also helps to save energy.  I only turn the oven on once and cook several things at a time.

I think this idea has been my best yet, and I'd like to share it with you:

First off, dinner for tonight was Chicken & Rice Soup-
While I'm chopping veggies, I go ahead and make extra to freeze--I don't know about you, but carrots, celery and onions are my go-to veggies for everything.


Muffins for tomorrow's breakfast go in the oven:

Then tea for the kids' lunches


Beans for tomorrow's tacos and some to freeze:


 And finally, bread starter for the BEST Sourdough in the world:


I broiled some rolls slathered in butter to go with the soup--didn't get a pic, though.

So every time I cook, I do it big-time:)  It makes for a whirlwind of activity-timing is key-but in the end, it's so worth it to me because I don't have to cook much tomorrow!!

What do you do to save time or energy or money?

No comments:

Post a Comment