Friday, April 22, 2011

Something Beautiful

I was given this skirt by my sister that is a dark and light blue seersucker material.  I LOVE IT.  But, unfortunately, it looks awful on me.  Its tags were still attached, so my gut feeling is that it didn't look so hot on her either :)  I held on to this skirt hoping one day it would miraculously look good.   It still doesn't...so...I decided it would make a beautiful purse.  I decided that about 6 months ago.  I have finally gotten started creating my masterpiece.  I took a trip to the Goodwill and found a leather purse that I could repurpose-don't worry, it was ugly.

I really didn't think it would turn out as cute as it has.  I thought it would scream, "Homemade!"  (I'll show pics when it's done.)  I'm so proud:)

In taking this leather purse apart, I realized that someone took their time to make the one I was destroying.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it didn't end up in a landfill, but it saddens me to mess up someone else's hard work-not to mention that, judging from the "made in ______" tag, I can assume they probably were severely underpaid.

All that to say, it seems very parallel to God's working in our lives.  Sometimes things have to be destroyed in order to create something beautiful.  We may lose a job and then a home, but in the end have an appreciation for the new job and home that we would never have had before.  Perhaps it inspires us to help others who may be in a similar situation that we can help get them through.  God has created a heart of compassion, a heart of gratitude.  We have been made into something beautiful. 

I know God has worked in my life in similar ways.  What has God used to make you more beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment