Monday, July 11, 2011

Random Thoughts

Well, I feel like I'm out of the hurricane.  The whirlwind of emotion and instability seems to have died down.  I really needed that.  I don't know what has caused this change back to "normal", but I'm grateful.  I still feel a little irritable toward the kids (and sometimes Greg), but I can definitely tell that I have become more tolerable:)

On a side note, I really wish there were more four-day weekends in the year.  Like, once a month.  Those are the best! You get one day to relax, one day to just enjoy family/friend time, a day to work hard around the house, and a day to catch up on Netflix.  It stinks having to fit all that in two days.  Definitely not enough time. 

I had fun hitting the yard sales and antique shops with my favorite sister this past Saturday.  I really do love a good bargain!  I remember when my kids were small and would go with me.  It was like Toys R Us, but where Mommy said yes:)  They had just as much fun as I did.  Of course, they still like to go.  But sometimes it has to be MeTime. 

I finished making my purse!!!!



My fingers are still a little sore:)  And I promise it's symmetrical in real life.  I can't wait to start on the next one. 

On a bad note, a piece on my sewing machine broke, so I can't make Luke's towel-quilt until I get that fixed:(  I know he'll be happy when it's done.  And I will not be sewing that by hand!

Well, I'm off to run my errands and see some friends.  More random things.  What random things will you get into today?

No comments:

Post a Comment