Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Another month goes by...

It's amazing what can take up my time!!  I do love puzzles and Netflix, but what happened to that afternoon I had wide open?  Wow.  Oh right--bills, receipts, budgets...

So I've finally had to begin telling my (usually very active) children to get off the couch and turn the TV off.  I'm disgusted by how much time a person can waste watching that thing!  I admit that I get sucked in to Netflix and its amazing world of TV shows, but only for a little while.  I swear, I could go a month without looking at a show or movie and not even know it.  And then there are those people (yes, Greg-you) that can't seem to relax unless it's on.  But I guess he can't sew, so...

Anywho--I've been trying to get the kids and myself back into our "daily maintenance" schedule.  AKA chores.  Necessary but bo-ring!!  I need to figure out how to spice things up a bit. 

I have been to several houses recently where I look around and see *nothing*.  No blankets in the Living Room.  No toys--anywhere.  Nothing out of place.  Nothing anywhere.  I don't get it.  I work pretty hard to make sure we don't have a lot of extra stuff in the house, but the stuff we use has to go somewhere.  Where is all this stuff at other peoples' houses?  Do they have one of those closets that you don't dare open?  My mantra is "there's a place for everything and everything in it's place".  It's exhausting and I only truly acheive it about twice a year.  But it's a good mantra to have, right?

My goal for today is to get the basement storage reorganized.  We have no closets downstairs, so everything has to be out in the open.  I plan to make it look good and function superbly.  So I won't be going anywhere tomorrow.  See you Thursday! 

1 comment:

  1. good for you, girl!! have a blast in the basement!
    as for Netflix... you MUST watch "Parking Wars". it's a weird idea for a tv show, but it's very addicting!!
    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete