Friday, April 27, 2012

The Quick and The Delicious

I blogged previously about freezer meals and thought I'd update. So far, it has been quite successful:) I have really enjoyed simply popping things from freezer to oven. The teriyaki steak strips were my favorite so far...tender from being marinaded while thawing, and juicy mmmmmmm...

I also feel like it affords me more time to think about sides and I can cook healthy instead of just quick. So far, each meal I cook I try adding a little something back into the freezer- I made 8 baked potatoes instead of just four and now I have four ready in the freezer for a hurried night. So nice:)

All in all, that 45 minutes it took to prepare those meats and main dishes for the freezer has saved me oodles of time. I still haven't gotten around to dinner breads but 'Dough Day'is coming.

UPDATE 10/14/12:  The baked potatoes were a bust!  Once thawed, the water leaked out of it-ewwww...  I would not recommend just baking the potatoes and throwing them in the freezer.  Perhaps if you scooped them out and dressed up the pulp before returning it to the skins, then freezing?  I'll try that and get back with you;)



No comments:

Post a Comment