Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fab Finds

I have not felt so carefree in a while...after training the lovely Crystal, I am now unemployed:)  So what was the first thing I did?  Sign up as VP for the PTO at Luke's school--and the labels (box tops) coordinator.  It'll do.

One of the first days free of my phone and computer was errand day.  I went and explored the Habitat for Humanity's ReStore.  You can find some great deals in there.  And if you're in the market for some tile, there's a ton of it--especially if you're in the creative mood to use different sizes and colors. 

Another of my errands was the health food store (Fresh Air).  Got some great stuff, and as I was leaving, I decided to pop into the fabric store next door (Cotton Gin).  They have some amazing fabrics, especially upholstery-weight fabric.  I was working my brain pretty hard to come up with an excuse to buy some of these gorgeous prints, when I happened to walk by this rolling bin full of scraps.  I kept walking until my brain registered the price--50 cents per scrap.  Some of these scraps were over a yard, and I got some real leather; unbelievable!  And the best part?--I only paid $10 for the whole bag!



But, it did take me an hour to sort through the whole bin and match the colors and textures for the specific projects each would be used for.  I never imagined I'd find all i needed in that one bin!  Of course, now I need to find a place with some great accessories like buttons and clasps for dirt-cheap.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment