Monday, August 15, 2011

Past tense

There are so many times where I just want to move out in the middle of nowhere and do things my way.  But I would miss so much of city life.  I love walking down my road in relative assurance that I won't get bitten by a dog (which has happened to me).  I like that I can run errands in a short time, and food is still hot if I get takeout.  And I don't spend as much gas or time doing things away from home. 

I can just imagine my husband now, getting irritated about a chicken coop and having to help in the garden:)  Mental pictures say it all...

As I've written before, I plan to actually grow things we'll actually from a garden next year.  This plan would be a lot less complicated if I didn't work.  I know a lot of people work and still get everything done, but I just can't function that way.  I definitely need a more leisurely pace and a lot more money!  HA!

I miss my old life; the one where I had two small children to take care of and school to teach, and lunch, and what I miss most of all is having real conversations with my children.  These days they just want to play with their friends or play video games--when they actually come inside.  I never realized how many times we ended up talking about important stuff just because we spent so much uninterrupted time together.  I miss homeschooling.  I miss my kids...

You like my pun in the title??

No comments:

Post a Comment