Monday, May 9, 2011

The hurt we hide

I read the blog of a woman that could not conceive in her own womb but was pouring out gratitude for the woman who bore her adopted son.  I am so glad for the reminder that there are still some great things about our world such as this.  The love of a mother who knew that she could not give her baby the life he deserved and chose to have someone else fulfill his desires.  The love of a mother who adores the son that she has because of this birth mother. 

There is so much wrong on this earth; so much pain caused by others.  For myself, I know that I live in a very small corner that has rarely been trampled upon.  I have not fought for my life at the mercy of a gunman.  I have never been beaten by a man who claims to love me.  I have not had a trusted adult rape or molest me and rob me of a childhood.  I have not had my body taken over by cancer.  I have not endured the loss of a child or spouse.  I have not had to pick up the pieces after a broken marriage.

It's so easy to get wrapped up in our everyday lives and never consider that every single person we know has and hides hurt.  We ask, "How are you?" expecting the person to say they are fine.  Well, they aren't fine.  They may never tell you and you may never really ask, but it's there.  Every. Single. Person. Hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa so very true and for us that have had to endure those kinds of issues even more hurts and pain. The great news is that there that you can take all your hurts and pains and that will carry that burden. What comfort to know that and if your blessed with great friends that will come alongside and help shoulder those burders you have been blessed beyond and beyond. Thanks Lisa for sharing your heart <3 u Lorena

    ReplyDelete